Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Spiritual Health



To be spiritually healthy we must take care of our spirit. Like our bodies our spirit needs air, food and drink. However the air, food and drink of the spirit is not the natural kind! In the beginning, on the 6th day of creation, God breathed into man the breath of life or lives. That was our first inspiration and man became a living being. We must continue our quest for Divine Inspiration daily. We must commune with God for our spirit to be healthy. God created us for fellowship with Him!

We must also eat. Jesus said, "Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God". The Bible is the recorded Word of God given to us by the Holy Spirit through inspired men and women in tune with what God was saying and doing in their day. The Bible reveals the person, nature, character and will of God for our lives individually and as a community. We must look to God's Word daily. David said, "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path". The Word is the fuel for our spiritual life. It motivates and energizes us to apprehend that for which we were apprehended by God. As you meditate on the Word your spirit digests it and turns it into faith which is the ability to do the will of God.

We must also drink. Jesus said, "Take this cup, all of you and drink from it", Jesus said I will give you a well that will spring up from inside of you and you will never thirst again. As we seek to be conformed into the image of Jesus Christ, as we commit to submit and pick up our cross and follow Him it refreshes us.

So, we must remember that just as good air, water and nutrition are critical to our physical body's health and wellness. So are Prayer, The Bible and Fellowship with Jesus and his followers! We are Spirit, Soul and Body. Our spiritual and intellectual/emotional life directly effect our bodies and must be addressed as we pursue total health and wellness!

Today's resource is a great web page that offers a free daily newsletter called "Daily Success". "Daily Success" is written by Bill Gothard and gives practical advice on how to become and stay Spiritually Healthy! I have been getting it for three months now and enjoy it each day! Check it out at http://billgothard.com.

Here is a testimony of the power that these principals have on our physical and emotional health.


How a Medical Doctor Used an Effective Tool to Treat His Patients


“I have been able to attend the Basic Seminar about five times, all of which were the usual prerecorded, week long format. Through these times I have learned the basic principles of life. I have been taught practical wisdom for my life and family and have been given opportunities to make important decisions.


“I am a medical doctor with a general practice. The conditions presented by most of my patients are self-inflicted. Many physicians become hopelessly cynical and unaffected after years of practice, because they cannot seem to change the underlying behavior of their patients. They simply write down that behavior modification was offered, never once giving compassionate and reasonable concern or effort to relieve the patient’s spiritual burden. However, this is to be expected since they appeal to the patient’s mind, will, and emotions instead of the spirit. I wanted to share with them the principles that I learned in the Basic Seminar, but felt that I should fully understand the Scripture behind the Seminar before I shared these insights with my patients. Armed with the principles and practical wisdom from the BLP 101 course I am far better equipped to appeal to my patient’s spirit and encourage him or her to draw upon the Lord, the only Source of true strength and power for change.This is also true with my five children. Several of my older children have attended the Basic Seminar. However, I have found that having taken the BLP 101 course, I am able to effectively reinforce the principles for them.Children tend to learn the most important lessons from life itself, and being able to explain many of the principles from the Basic Seminar at impromptu times is an invaluable tool.The time that I have spent thoroughly learning the Basic Seminar has been a priceless investment in my life, marriage, and family.


Grace and Peace,
Ed

No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.