Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

LIFE


The Gospel of John uses the word "Life" 45 times! The subject of this blog is "Real Food For Life" and I have written a lot about our food and smart food choices. I want to write today about life.

John 1:4 says, "In Him was life and the life was the light of men".

John 5:26 says, "For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself."

John 6:63 says, " It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

John 8:12 says, "Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 10:10 says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."

John 14:6 says, " Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 20:31 says, " but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

These are a few of the 45 instances that John speaks about life in his Gospel. In all of these verses we see that life originates with God. In Genisis 2:7 Moses wrote, "then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature."

I don't want to add too much to these passages of scripture because they speak for themselves. What I want to show and say is that life, the way it is supposed to be lived, must be in communion with God through His Son Jesus Christ who is the beginning and the end. We can not have the abundant life that Jesus spoke about without coming to Him and asking for His leading and guiding in our daily lives!

I urge you to follow the words of Christ that say, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Ask Jesus to make your heart His home. You were created to have fellowship with Him and He loves you and is waiting for you to call out to him! "Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst."

I hope this blog is a blessing to you!
Grace and Peace,
Ed

PS. I use Logos Bible Software for my studies and I encourage you to check it out for yourself. If you want info on the program just e-mail me at Rjonodde@aol.com and I will send you a 25% discount on the cost of the software!

4 comments:

kiwigal said...

HI Ed,

Wonderful for you to invite me here to your blog.

The pictures are beautiful Ed.

Yours Truly

Lisa Lomas

Unknown said...

Hi Ed, this is a good article about life.I feel personally very much inspired after reading this post.Thank you very much for writing this inspirational post and for your comment on my blog.Your blog is very-very informative and nice and all your articles are very good.At last,If you don't mind , I like to repeat

"Grace and Peace,"
Lila
http://positivensuccess.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ed,

Beautiful scriptures, beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing.

Joanne said...

Excellent blog Ed.

Love your article and what the Bible has to say about life.

Wishing you many blessings.

Joanne

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.