Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Meditation


Joshua Chapter 1 and verse 8 says, "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." Meditation is an important part of life. A time for reflection and projection.

The first Psalm says, " Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
Psalm 63 says, " My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me". Beautiful! What soothing and encouraging words!
Actually the book of psalms has over 19 references to meditation. That was David's strength! He would meditate and write inspirational songs and poems. And what a life he had! Take time to meditate on the goodness of God each day. Take time to empty your mind of the cares of this world. Take time to refocus on the important things in life, our relationship with God, our relationship with our family, friends and community and our service to God and His Church.

Psalm 145:5 " On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate."

Grace and Peace,
Ed

This brief study was done with Logos Bible Software. E-mail me at Rjonodde@aol.com for a 25% discount on one of their powerful packages!

No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.