Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Greater


I woke up about an hour ago and the word greater kept reverberating in my mind. Being a Christian, I knew that the Lord was wanting to speak to me. So I turned my attention to Him and He began to speak to me through the Scriptures.

The first scripture that came to mind was, "Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." For he who is in you is greater! Greater........larger, stronger, better, predominate, preeminent,! Greater is He who is IN you.

In John 14 Jesus said, " “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father." And in Acts we read, " This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing." You see, after Jesus was crucified, died and was buried He rose from the dead and ascended back to the Father. Upon completing His Holy sacrifice and atoning for our sin He sat down and the right hand of God. And the best part is that He did not leave us comfortless or without His Presence!

God sent His Holy Spirit to live and dwell in every believer! The same Spirit that was in Christ is in those of us who believe. The Greater One living inside! Leading, guiding, empowering, changing us into the image and likeness of His Son Jesus. Filling us with knowledge, wisdom and authority. Paul writes to the believers in Corinth, " Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?" And again, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?"

As Christians, let us strive to enter into the rest that God has provided for us through His Son Jesus Christ and the active present day ministry of the Holy Spirit. Let us glorify God in our bodies and let us glorify God in His body His Church. By acknowledging the very presence of the Holy Spirit in our life and seeking His direction and leading in the context of our every day lives we will see the glory of God manifest in and through us in ways we couldn't even imagine!

But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1Cor.2:9

Grace and Peace,
Ed

Thanks again to Logos software the best Bible software around!
E-mail me for a 25% discount on Logos! Rjonodde@aol.com


No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.