Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day!




As we here in America celebrate our Independence we are reminded that Independence usually comes after a fierce battle with what sometimes seems to be insurmountable odds! Those of us that are Christians understand that our liberty from sin and it's dominion came as a result of a fierce battle and the Ultimate Sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Those of us on Spark People dot com know that our Independence from our previous unhealthy lifestyles also requires a fierce battle and sacrifice! But on days like today we are reminded that the battle and sacrifice IS WORTH IT!



I pray that you continue to find the grace and fortitude necessary to win your personal independence from destructive habits and lifestyles and that you take time to celebrate your victories as they come. Do not grow weary in well doing for you will be rewarded with a greater personal freedom if you don't quit!



PS. Today is day two of my 10 Day Summer Fast as outlined in "The Makers Diet" by Jordan Rubin. Yep, I will celebrate the 4th of July without my usual fare of burgers, ribs and hot dogs as I learn more productive ways to celebrate and come closer to my own personal Independence from my dependence on food for pleasure.



Grace and Peace,

Ed

No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.