Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Horrible Night's Sleep



Last night I tossed and turned all night! I literally woke up every hour! I was exhausted by 10pm after the 6th day of my "Maker's Diet" cleansing fast and a full day of work but I began waking up around 11pm anyway. Some of it was going to the bathroom due to the 100+ ounces of water I drink per day. Yesterday I drank a bit more because I did some yard work causing me to sweat. But that wasn't the only reason. I just seemed to be restless.


Jordan Ruben, the author of the "Maker's Diet" says that insomnia can be a sympyom of the cleansing fast so I'm gonna chalk it up to that. Four more days to go on the fast and I will be good to go! Tomorrow I get to add 4oz of Tuna or Salmon to my evening salad and I am looking forward to that!


Been reading in Matthew's gospel about being careful of the leaven of the Pharisees. A little leaven leavens the whole lump as any baker knows! And they're leaven ids deadly. A self-righteous, better than thou attitude is anti-productive at best and downright destructive at it's worst! See Matt 20:25-28.

Grace and peace,
Ed

No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.