Welcome

I hope you enjoy and find my blog useful. Please feel free to link, comment, or give your advice. Make yourself at home and come back daily as I will be updating daily.
Grace and Peace,
Ed
My photo
I'm a 54 year old Husband, Father of Four Daughters, Pastor and Vice Principal of a private K-12 school on Long Island.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 5 of My 10 Day Cleansing Fast



Today is day 5 of my 10 day "Maker's Diet" cleansing fast. Yesterday was a bit rough. Had cravings, mood swings and an overall "icky" feeling. On this fast I eat a serving of different fruits 4 times a day and a large tossed salad for dinner. I also drink 100+ ounces of water per day and take some prescribed all natural supplements.



If it were not for my walk with God I would have quit the fast yesterday! The street I drive home from work on is filled with restaurants and fast food joints and the smell of meat cooking was driving me crazy! However I go to prayer whenever I have felt weak and also remind myself of the reasons (strong motivators) why I am doing this!



On another note I watched a powerful documentary last night about genetically modified foods and the direction our country is taking in regards to genetically modified food production. It was a real eye opener and again another strong motivator that I am on the right track with my dietary changes and my joining an organic community garden near my home. If you'd like to view the documentary I have added the link for you. http://www.thefutureoffood.com/



Be blessed and be a blessing,

Ed

No comments:

Upper Room Christian School

My Pet Guest List

Medical Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. You should consult with your medical professional before beginning any diet or exercise program!

Intelectual Property

The contents of this blog are the property and oppinion of it's writer and no reproduction is intended without advance permission.